Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jesse James says he 'sabotaged' his relationship with Sandra Bullock

Jesse James is quick to admit his relationship with actress Sandra Bullock failed because of his cheating. However, James says in the latest issue of Men's Journal he's not alone.

"I never shied away from anything I did. I took full responsibility," James tells the magazine of admitting his affair. "I cheated on my wife. Guess what? So do millions of other men."

James and Bullock, 46, married in 2005. The two split in March 2010 amid reports James had been unfaithful, especially with a tattoo model named Michelle "Bombshell" McGee," which he later confirmed. James and Bullock finalized their divorce that June.

"To be honest, it was unfair for me to even be in a relationship," James said of his marriage to Sandra Bullock. "I sabotaged everything. I was never 100 percent in."

The 42-year-old motorcycle customizer and former host of the Discovery Channel series "Monster Garage," became engaged to tattoo artist and reality star Kat Von D in January, less than a year after his split from Bullock.

.

James also touched on his month-long stint at a rehab center in Arizona in late March 2010, when he and Bullock split, to treat childhood and anger management issues.

"I was an animal in a cage," James said about why he went to rehab. "I needed to escape before I cracked up or did something really stupid. I don't know why I went. I just needed help."

The former reality star also gushed about his fiancée Kat Von D. "I had a day where I was literally wondering how much more of this I could take," he says about the media firestorm at the height of his cheating scandal. "And one person reached out. Guess who that was? Everyone else thought I was toxic. The fact that Kat is willing to be with me now? And get demonized in the tabloids for it? God, I really love her."

In a previous interview with Howard Stern, James said he would forgive Kat Von D if she cheated on him. "I'm devoting my life to this chick and she's rad. Man, the way she just gets in my head and makes me feel. Hey, you know what, if she cheated on me, I would forgive her and still love her," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment