Sunday, November 6, 2011

Beyonce expecting a baby girl, according to former bandmate

Beyonce Knowles and her husband Jay-Z have yet to announce the gender of their baby, but the pregnant pop star's former Destiny's Child band mate Kelly Rowland has spilled the beans.

"I have no idea what I'm going to buy Beyonce at the baby shower because Jay is going to buy that little girl every single thing possible," Rowland told Bang Showbiz at an awards show on Thursday, People reports.

The 30-year-old first announced her pregnancy back in August during her performance on the MTV Video Music Awards.

"I put a lot of thought into how I wanted to unveil it. It was important to me that I was able to do it myself," Beyonce explained about her decision to reveal her pregnancy during the award show. "I was extremely nervous. It was the toughest red carpet I ever did."

"I didn't want a crazy picture or gossip story to break the news," she added, "so I decided to say nothing and proudly show my baby bump. I felt it was more powerful to see the love and enthusiasm as opposed to saying anything."

The singer recently revealed that she is due in February.

The baby will be the first child for the singer, who married 41-year-old rapper Jay-Z on April 4, 2008. The nuptials were so secret that no photos or video from the event were released. The couple got married with a close circle of 40 friends and family members after dating for six years.

The singer recently used her pregnancy as an opportunity to branch out her House of Dereon fashion collection with a maternity line.

Beyonce also showed off her baby bump in her new video for the single "Countdown," which debuted on October 6. Beyonce can be seen wearing several skin-tight outfits which accentuate her baby bump and at one point she turns to the side and her pregnant stomach can be clearly seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment