Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Joy Behar: I waited until the parents were dead to marry

Joy Behar, a co-host on ABC's daytime talk show "The View," revealed that she waited for their parents to die before marrying her boyfriend of 29 years, Steve Janowitz.

"I waited until all the parents were dead," Behar joked on "Rachael Ray" on Monday. "So I have no in-laws at all. He has none and I have none. 'Cause marriage is mostly about in-laws, I find. They always want you to visit them and come for lasagna."

The 69-year-old TV personality didn't have what Ray called "buyer's remorse" after the wedding, but she joked that the relationship took a little training for the feeling to be mutual.

"I'm perfect," Behar said. "All of my husbands had the same problem with me. I lose things. But I have trained them all to locate where I left my brassieres, for example. I'll say 'Where is that brassiere?' and they'll say 'It's hanging on the bathroom door.' Stuff like that. I lose things and I fall. These are my two things."

Behar and Janowitz got married on August 12 in New York City.

"She and Steve Janowitz, her 'spousal equivalent' of 29 years were married in a private ceremony last night in NYC," an ABC representative told to OnTheRedCarpet.com in a statement. "She will discuss it all on Sept. 6 when 'The View' kicks off Season 15 live."

Behar's wedding on August 11 also marked the 14th anniversary of "The View," which debuted on August 11, 1997.

In 2009, the talk show host announced that she planned to marry Janowitz, who she often refers to as her "spousal equivalent," but she said she had called off the engagement later that year due to "cold feet."

Behar and Janowitz are reportedly on their honeymoon. Behar cheekily wrote on Twitter, "Gone Fishing," on Friday evening.

Behar has appeared in several movies including "Hall Pass," "Cookie" and "Manhattan Murder Mystery." She also hosts "The Joy Behar Show" on CNN's sister network, HLN.

Behar, who was born Josephina Victoria Occhiuto, was previously married to Joe Behar. The couple married in January 1965 and divorced in 1981. They have one daughter, Eve, who was born in 1970.

No comments:

Post a Comment