Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chelsea Handler discusses $25 million deal with E! Network

Chelsea Handler appeared on "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Thursday to discuss her $25 million two-year deal with the E! Network and to exchange some flirtatious banter with the CNN host.

"I do behave badly and I get paid handsomely for it so I'm happy, happy to do it," Handler told Morgan. "It's a really good time to be me."

But Handler denied Morgan's suggestion that she was the queen of television, saying, "I'm not Oprah, I'm Chelsea."

With Handler's new contract, she will continue to serve as host and executive producer of her late night "Chelsea Lately" talk show through 2014 and will also develop other projects.

Her company, Borderline Amazing Productions also produces "Chelsea Lately" and her late-night spinoff show "After Lately."

Handler is also producing and appearing in NBC's "Are You There, Chelsea?" a comedy sitcom based on one of her best-selling books, "Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea." The series stars former "That '70s Show" star Laura Prepon and is slated to premiere on January 11, 2012.

"Chelsea Lately," which launched in July 2007, is ranked as the highest-rated and most-watched late night talk show among women between the ages of 18 through 34.

According to Fortune magazine, Handler celebrated her multi-million dollar payday by giving $1,000 in cash to each of her 138 staff members.

The talk show host recently offered some negotiation advice at Fortune's Most Powerful Women Summit and admit that her bravado comes in handy.

"I don't listen to anyone or any advice because I know exactly what I want and how I want it," Handler told the audience. "You have to ask for what you want. Just because there are parameters that have been set doesn't mean they can't be blown open."

No comments:

Post a Comment