Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Kris Humphries mentions 'difficult time in my life' when talking watch endorsement deal

Kris Humphries acknowledged he was going through a "difficult time in my life" at a press conference on November 17, to announce his new deal to endorse Sector watches.

The 26-year-old NBA player was married to Kim Kardashian for 72 days before she filed for divorce on October 31. He is also currently dealing with an NBA lockout that prevents any games from taking place. Humphries will reportedly earn an estimated $150,000 from the deal, according to Us Weekly.

"I'm happy to be here," Humphries said, according to the magazine. "As you all know, this has been a difficult time in my life, and I'm so grateful [for] my friends at Sector for their unwavering support."

"I'm really honored to be with the Sector brand," he added. "A portion of the sales will go to my foundation which is all set up to fight against childhood obesity and it's a really great thing."

Since Kardashian filed for divorce, Humphries has kept quiet about his personal life with the exception of a single statement he made in regards to the divorce.

"I'm committed to this marriage and everything this covenant represents. I love my wife and am devastated to learn she filed for divorce ... I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it work," Humphries said in a statement at the time.

Kardashian and Humphries began dating in late 2010 and announced their engagement in May. The reality star was previously married to music producer Damon Thomas. The two wed in 2000, when she was 19 years old, and divorced in 2004.

The wedding of Kardashian and Humphries took place on August 20 under tight security at a $20 million estate near Santa Barbara. More than 500 people, including celebrities, attended the highly-publicized event.

Kardashian, 31, cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the split. She and Humphries, 26, have no children.

No comments:

Post a Comment