Monday, September 26, 2011

Nancy Grace talks about losing weight from 'Dancing With The Stars' training

Nancy Grace is following in the footsteps of fellow "Dancing With The Stars" contestants Ricki Lake and Chaz Bono by shedding some pounds as the result of her training for the series.

"I've inadvertently lost 10 pounds on the I'm-too-tired-to-eat diet," Grace told People magazine on Friday. "By the time I get the children [3-year-old twins Lucy and John David] ready for school, then practice and then come home, I'm like exhausted."

Grace is teamed up with new dance pro Tristan MacManus on the competition series. Grace, 51, is a former prosecutor, hosts her own news show on the HLN cable network is the former host of the syndicated legal series "Swift Justice." When she was 19-years-old, her fiancé Keith Griffin was murdered. The tragedy was Grace's impetus to enrolling in law school to become prosecutor and a supporter of victims' rights.

Last week, Ricki Lake told OnTheRedCarpet.com, she's lost several inches in her waist, hips and legs from dancing.

"I've lost 8 and a half inches in two weeks," Lake told OnTheRedCarpet.com during a recent rehearsal for the show on Friday, September 16. "I mean seriously, three inches in my waist, three inches in my hips ... you know I do have some weight to lose but I'm not that big."

Meanwhile, Chaz Bono lost five pounds within the first week of training.

Despite the tough pace of the "Dancing With The Stars" schedule, Grace tells the magazine she's having fun. "If you would have told me five to seven hours of dance practice was fun, I would have never believed you, but it is," Grace said.

Grace called the show "more nerve wracking than trying a murder case."

After the first elimination show on September 20 -- in which Los Angeles Laker Metta World Peace, formerly known as Ron Artest, was booted off -- Grace compared "Dancing With The Stars" to law school.

"All of the years that I was in law school, which were six years, and all the years that I practiced law, did not prepare me for tonight," Grace told OnTheRedCarpet.com after the show. "I did have a tiny blank moment, which hopefully the viewers did not see, but we plowed through it and Tristan managed to drag me back in. I think it turned out really well."

No comments:

Post a Comment