Monday, September 19, 2011

Sofia Vergara reveals her girl crush, talks Jane Lynch and Lady Gaga

Sofia Vergara is known for her role as the saucy wife of Jay Pritchett (played by Ed O'Neill) on "Modern Family" who is more than just eye candy, but the actress recently revealed she has a girl crush on one particular Academy Award-winning star.

"I have many, but I love Halle Berry," the actress told The Advocate in an interview for the magazine's October issue when asked which star she had a girl crush on. "She's perfection. Every time I see her, I want to give her a standing ovation because she's so flawless."

Vergara, who is nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series, also talked about her alleged media rivalry with "Glee" star Jane Lynch, who is also up for the same award and won it last year.

In 2010, O'Neill was misquoted as saying Lynch did not deserve the Emmy she won in 2010.

O'Neill's actual remarks were: "I'm one of Jane Lynch's biggest fans. I love Jane Lynch. She is a genius. But at the same time I said 'Sofia could win' because ... and I've only seen 'Glee' a couple of ... I've only seen Glee once."

"But I thought Jane's role is rather one-dimensional," he said. "It's kind of strident. It's always kind of the same. I've seen her be much better. So I thought, 'Sofia's funnier,' and I think she is in these two comparative roles. Anyway, Jane won. But I was hoping that Sofia would."

Vergara said that despite the small controversy, her relationship with Lynch is "great. When we see each other, we kiss and hug each other. I really admire her."

She added, "Her role on 'Glee' is amazing, and you know what? She deserved to win. I love her. But yes, the media does seem to want us to have this funny rivalry, and I don't mind."

The actress also had an odd encounter with Lady Gaga when she appeared on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" in February. The singer kept interrupting Vergara's interview with Leno.

"I was so surprised. I thought she was going to be stiff and serious, and I was afraid it was going to be hard to do the interview with somebody just sitting there, not giving me something, because being funny on those shows is hard enough as it is," Vergara said. "But she was hilarious! She was so sharp and amazing. I became a huge fan after that."

The 2011 Emmy Awards ceremony was held at L.A. Live's Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on Sunday, September 18 and was hosted by "Glee" actress Jane Lynch. Check out a full list of nominations.

No comments:

Post a Comment