Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sarah Jessica Parker talks shoe problems, 'I Don't Know How She Does it'





Carrie Bradshaw, the character Sarah Jessica Parker famously played on six seasons of the HBO series "Sex and the City" and in two feature films, usually landed on her feet despite her love for high heels.

So imagine the actress' surprise when she found it difficult to transition from Manolo Blahnik stilletos to more practical work shoes for her new comedy film "I Don't Know How She Does It."

"The minute they put a sensible shoe on me and put me on cobblestones, I was a mess," Parker, 46, told OnTheRedCarpet.com and other press outlets in a satellite interview to promote her new movie. "I was like, twisting my ankle."

"I found that I actually could run more easily in a higher shoe with no stockings," she added. "Stockings and a heel and running are a disaster. I thought, 'I'm pretty skilled at this.' Either that or the chicken has come home to roost and I just can't do it anymore. But boy, they made me run."

"I Don't Know How She Does It" is set for release on Friday, September 16. Parker plays Kate Reddy, a finance executive who is the breadwinner for her husband and two kids.

"They made me run, then they took me to Boston for three days and they made me run there on cobblestones from the 1700's," Parker said. "I was like 'Ahhh.' But I got through it. Because, you know, working mothers are on the run, that's what they do. They're running, running, running, running, running. So it's real."

"I Don't Know How She Does It" also stars Greg Kinnear as Reddy's husband, as well as former James Bond actor Pierce Brosnan, "Frasier" star Kelsey Grammer, Christina Hendricks of "Mad Men" and television personality Olivia Munn.

Parker is herself a mother of three. She and her husband Matthew Broderick, 49, have an 8-year-old son, James Wilkie, and 2-year-old twin daughters, Loretta and Tabitha.

Parker began her on-screen acting career in the early 1980s, appearing in films such as "Footloose," "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" and "Flight of the Navigator." She also appeared in Broadway plays such as "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" before she was cast on "Sex and the City," which ran between 1998 and 2004 and earned her an Emmy.

Despite her years of acting experience, Parker told Vogue magazine earlier this year that she had stage fright, or rather, set fright when she began filming "I Don't Know How She Does It."

No comments:

Post a Comment