Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kid Cudi writes letter about Texas teen fan that died on Christmas

Kid Cudi, the hip hop artist known for hits like "Day 'n' Nite" and "Pursuit of Happiness," wrote an open letter to a Texas teen fan who Cudi discovered via a viral YouTube video shortly after the fan died.

Ben Breedlove was an 18-year-old from Texas who posted YouTube videos about his experience cheating death three times. Breedlove suffered from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, a condition in which a part of the heart is thicker than other parts. The condition makes it difficult for the heart to pump blood, according to ABC News.

Breedlove's most recent scare happened on December 6. He described the incident in the second video posted on YouTube and was at school when he passed out. Breedlove wrote on index cards in the video, which can be seen below, that when he awoke, he was surrounded by EMS medics who were trying to revive him with shock pads.

Breedlove said he believed he was dying. "The next thing that happened, I'm not sure if it was a dream, or vision. But while I was still unconscious I was in this white room. No walls it just went on and on..."

He added, "I was wearing a really nice suit and so was my fav rapper, Kid Cudi. Why he was the only one there with me, I'm still trying to figure out."

Breedlove died on December 25 of a heart attack. His videos as of this writing have gotten over 1.3 million views.

Breedlove's funeral is scheduled to take place on Thursday in Austin, Texas. "Do you believe in angels or God?" Breedlove asked on a card toward the end. "I do."

"I am so sad about Ben Breedlove," Kid Cudi, whose real name is Scott Mescudi, wrote on his Tumblr blog on December 26. "I watched the video he left for the world to see, and him seeing me in detail, in his vision really warmed my heart. I broke down, I am to tears because I hate how life is so unfair."

"This has really touched my heart in a way I cant describe, this is why I do what I do," he added. "Why I write my life, and why I love you all so much. Life is really [expletive] up sometimes, but I know Ben is at Peace, and I hope he gets a chance to sit and talk with my Dad. We love you Ben. Forever. Thank you for loving me."

No comments:

Post a Comment