Monday, December 12, 2011

Lea Michele invites Ashton Kutcher home for New Year's Eve




Lea Michele invited her "New Year's Eve" co-star Ashton Kutcher home for the holidays, but apparently the "Two and a Half Men" actor has other plans.

"What are you going to do for New Year's?" Michele asked her co-star, in an interview provided by Warner Bros. Pictures. "Why don't you come celebrate with my big Italian family and me? They would die."

Kutcher had other plans to celebrate 2012, which according to the Mayan calendar, marks the end of the world.

"I don't know where I'm going to be on New Year's, I haven't sorted it out," Kutcher quipped. "I was going to try to crash a UFO into the Mayan temples, just to see how people would react to that, but I decided that maybe I don't want to work that hard."

Michele, best known for her role as diva-like student Rachel Berry on the musical comedy series "Glee," portrays Jon Bon Jovi's backup singer in "New Year's Eve." Hijinks ensue when she gets stuck in an elevator with Kutcher's cynical character.

The co-stars appear to get along as well off-camera as they do on the big screen and Kutcher joked that he already has a head start on his New Year's resolutions.

"I'm gonna do my resolution in December this year," Kutcher explained. "I'm resoluting for December so that when I come to January, and everybody else is having to go through the grind, I'm already ahead of it, I've already done it. It's like taking the PSATs. I'm just trying to stay ahead of the curve. There is a curve."

When asked why people hold so much weight in New Year's Eve, Michele seemed to embrace the optimism of the holiday.

"I think people like having the opportunity to feel like they have a second chance -- that they can do things over and start fresh," Michelle said. "Whether or not they actually do, it's just a way to begin the year and try."

Michele, 25, and the 33-year-old actor, former star of MTV's "Punk'd" who replaced Charlie Sheen on the CBS sitcom "Two and a Half Men" earlier this year, appeared cozy at the recent Los Angeles premiere of the romantic comedy movie (see photos).

"New Year's Eve" boasts a star-packed cast that includes the likes of Jessica Biel, Halle Berry, Sarah Jessica Parker, Josh Duhamel, Alyssa Milano, SofĂ­a Vergara, Seth Meyers and Robert De Niro.

"New Year's Eve" is directed by "Valentine's Day" director Garry Marshall and the scripts of both films were penned or co-written by Katherine Fugate. "New Year's Eve" also pairs up other well-known stars. Bon Jovi plays the ex-boyfriend of Katherine Heigl, while Zac Efron portrays the love interest of his former "Hairspray" co-star Michelle Pfeiffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment