Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ricki Lake thinks she's found her wedding dress

Actress and talk show host Ricki Lake thinks she may have found her wedding dress for her upcoming nuptials to fiancé Christian Evans.

"I may have found a dress," Lake told People magazine at the Trevor Project's "Trevor Live at the Hollywood Palladium" fundraising event on Sunday. "I have someone who has been looking for me. It's vintage."

The actress and former "Dancing With The Stars" finalist slimmed down significantly over the course of the reality dancing competition and put off shopping for the gown until after the ABC series ended, but she had a good idea of what she wanted.

"I wanted something simple, on the bias, and flattering. It's got a lot of detail. It's very pretty," Lake continued. "I'm not going to say any more yet because I haven't even seen it firsthand, I've just seen a picture!"

The 42-year-old actress and television talk show host announced her engagement to boyfriend Evans in August. The couple met through her best friend and the two have been dating since the summer of 2010. The couple has not announced an official wedding date.

"We are just starting to talk about it. Next weekend we're going away together and we're going to try to start figuring out what we're doing," Lake said of their wedding planning. "Then we're going to Paris on holiday for two weeks and then we'll start planning. But it's going to be soon."

"We're going to be very non-traditional in every way," Lake continued. "We're going to do something that is right for us and not what everyone else does. It's going to be a unique experience."

Lake and her first husband, Rob Sussman, divorced in 2005 after about 10 years of marriage. They have two sons - Milo, 14 and Owen, 10.

Ricki Lake told OnTheRedCarpet.com in the fall that she had lost several inches in her waist, hips and legs from dancing.

"I've lost 8 and a half inches in two weeks," Lake told OnTheRedCarpet.com during a recent rehearsal for the show on September 16. "I mean seriously, three inches in my waist, three inches in my hips ... you know I do have some weight to lose but I'm not that big."

Lake, who was paired with three-time "Dancing With The Stars" champion dance pro Derek Hough, told the magazine that the results she has seen so far from her "Dancing With The Stars" weight loss is different than her previous diets.

"When I lost weight a couple years ago, I weighed less than I do now, probably 10 pounds. But there is a difference. I didn't work out with that -- it was a crash diet," Lake said. "Now muscles I didn't know I had are defined. It's dramatic. Everyone is seeing it, and they are telling me, but I see it and I'm a tough critic."

Lake is best known for her syndicated talk show 'Ricki Lake,' which ran between 1998 and 2004. She is also an actress who has appeared in films like "Hairspray" in 1988 and "Cry-Baby," a 1990 musical movie starring Johnny Depp. Lake also starred in the 1994 dark comedy "Serial Mom."

She hosted the VH1 reality show "Charm School" in 2009 and is currently set to return to television full time in the fall of 2012 with a new daytime talk show.

As for her life now, Lake said, "I met the best guy in the whole wide world." she added. "I have so many great professional things happening -- I have a new talk show, a book coming out, all amazing but I wouldn't want any of it without him."

No comments:

Post a Comment