Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Robert Downey Jr. reveals his wife is expecting a baby boy -




During an interview on "The Tonight Show" on Monday, December 5, the actor revealed he and wife Susan Levin are expecting a baby boy.

"I am not permitted to discuss it but I keep dropping the ball everywhere. She'll [Levin] say, 'Don't tell your cousins until I' -- and then I tell them," he said to host Jay Leno in the interview, which can be seen below. "I can't say a word... We're having a boy!"

"I gotta be careful," he joked. "I'm going to have to see my wife some time after doing this segment with you, and I think I'm already in trouble."

The couple first announced Levin's pregnancy in August. On "The Tonight Show" Downey Jr. said his wife was due in late February.

Downey Jr., the 46-year-old star of the "Iron Man" films, has a 17-year-old son, Indio, with his ex-wife of 11 years, Deborah Falconer. The two divorced in 2004. He and his current wife, formerly known as Susan Levin, wed a year later.

Susan Downey, 37, co-produced the 2010 film "Iron Man 2" as well as several more of her husband's films, including "Due Date" and "Sherlock Holmes" and its upcoming sequel, "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows," due on December 16.

Downey Jr. is the seventh-highest paid actor in the world, according to Forbes, which said last month that the star earned $31 million between May 2010 and May 2011.

He reprises his role as Tony Stark, aka Iron Man, in "The Avengers," which is directed and written by "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" creator Joss Whedon and features Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye.

Scarlett Johansson reprises her "Iron Man 2" role of Natasha Romanoff, aka the Black Widow, while Gwyneth Paltrow returns as Stark's assistant Pepper Potts and Samuel L. Jackson plays his previous character, Nick Fury.

No comments:

Post a Comment