Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jennifer Lopez talks being a 'tougher' 'American Idol' judge and lessons in love

Jennifer Lopez filled in Kara Dioguardi's seat season on "American Idol" last season and now that she has a season under her belt, Lopez thinks that she and fellow judges Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson will be a bit more critical of the new contestants next year.

"We're a little tougher on everybody," Lopez told People magazine recently. "Because of last season and the standard that we set, it's easy to go, 'Is he as good as even our top 24 from last year?' "

She also said that she has grown closer with her fellow judges. "They're like my brothers and they drive me crazy like brothers, too," Lopez said. "But we love each other, which is why we've become like a family."

The actress made headlines earlier this week for weeping on stage during a concert on Saturday, October 22 after singing about lost love to her song "Until It Beats No More." Lopez explained that the song reminded her of her twin son and daughter, Max and Emme and she began to cry when she saw her mother in the audience.

Lopez, who split from her husband Marc Anthony in July, told Glamour magazine that she's learned a lot about love recently. Lopez, 42, and Anthony, 43, did not specify a reason for the split. The two married in June 2004 and their twin son and daughter, Max and Emme, were born in February 2008.

"I think I've finally learned the biggest lesson of all. You've got to love yourself first. You've got to be OK on your own before you can be OK with somebody else," she said in a interview. Lopez appears on the cover of the magazine's December issue.

"You've got to value yourself and know that you're worth everything. And until you value yourself enough and love yourself enough to know that, you can't really have a healthy relationship," she added.

The actress was recently spotted with actor Bradley Cooper but the two have not commented on the nature of their relationship.

"I think to give something a chance, to really get to know somebody, you want to do it out of the public eye," Lopez told Glamour. "You know the media -- they want to rush everything."

The Bronx-born beauty also recently launched a fall 2011 collection for Kohl's department stores. Clothes from the line went on sale on September 7. The performer has already achieved fashion acclaim with her JLO by Jennifer Lopez and JustSweet lines.

Lopez said that despite being exposed to high fashion over the years she still loves a good pair of jeans. "The things I liked when I was, like, 16 and in the Bronx - jeans, cut-up T-shirts - I still like."

She added, "But I've been exposed to so much now from traveling the world and seeing couture clothes. I used all of that when I created my new line for Kohl's. My style has come from everything, from where I started to where I am today."

No comments:

Post a Comment