Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Madonna's brother, Anthony Ciccone: 'I'm homeless'

Madonna older brother, Anthony, says he is homeless and currently sleeps under a bridge in Traverse City, Michigan.

The 55-year-old made his comments to the Michigan Messenger newspaper. Ciccone says he has been homeless for a year and a half since losing his job at Ciccone Vineyard & Winery, located in Suttons Bay, Michigan and owned by the siblings' father, Tony.

"My family turned their back on me, basically, when I was having a hard time," the Michigan Messenger quoted Anthony Ciccone as saying in an article posted last week. "You think I haven't answered this kind of question a bazillion times - why my sister is a multibazillionarie, and I'm homeless on the street?"

"This could happen to anybody," he added. "I don't have any income. I've got to go collect bottles and cans, do odd jobs. I got frostbite on my feet last winter. A friend of mine lost all ten toes. Several have died of hypothermia."

A spokesperson for Madonna declined to comment about his remarks. Representatives from at Ciccone Vineyard & Winery had no immediate response.

Anthony Ciccone and Madonna, 53, are among six children born to winery owner Silvio "Tony" Ciccone and their mother, also named Madonna, who passed away at age 30 in 1963 after battling breast cancer.

Ciccone Vineyard & Winery was established about 15 years ago and in 2006 launched a five-variety collection of "Madonna Wines." The singer's father and his current wife, Joan, run the wine business along with their son and cellar master, Mario, and grandson, Silvio Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment