Friday, October 28, 2011

Kelly Clarkson talks dating woes and gay rumors on 'The View'

Kelly Clarkson stopped by "The View" on Thursday to promote her new album "Stronger" and perform her latest single "Mr. Know It All." Instead, the ladies of "The View" got the singer to dish about her love life - or lack thereof - and clarify her "I've never been in love" statement.

The singer said in a recent interview that she has "never been in love" and has "never experienced certain things, and I think that's because I have this side of me that is shut off. Because I haven't found anybody yet to open to that I feel like, 'OK, you're worth breaking down that wall for.' I've never found that."

During her visit to "The View" Clarkson talked about her break-up songs saying they were a metaphor for business relationships and friendships in her life. She also admitted "I haven't had a boyfriend in a while," which was why some people might be questioning her sexuality.

Clarkson, who grew up in Burleson, Texas, told the panelists, "I'm from a small town, so everyone's married with children or about to have children. It's a little hard when you go home and people are like -- and that's why people think I'm gay -- because they're like, 'Why aren't you married?' And I'm like, 'It doesn't happen for everyone right off the bat!'"

The singer has denied lesbian rumors in the past. In September she told E! News, "People keep saying I'm gay, and I'm not." She added, "I'm pretty sure I've never made out with a girl. It's just not helping me because I'm straight. No boy wants to hit on me because I make mean songs about them, and they think I'm gay."

Instead, Clarkson insists, her passion for music keeps her away from getting into serious relationships. "I dated some cool guys, I don't know if I've met someone like, 'I could spend the rest of my life with you.'"

When Whoopi Goldberg pointed out that Clarkson's decade-long career has outlasted a lot of other pop acts, Clarkson added, "That's why I say it's partly my fault 'cause I haven't found anybody that I would put that on the side for and I think it's my purpose, you know music. I think it's what I'm here for. And I don't know, I might not want to do this when I'm 50."

What does she want to do when she is 50-years-old? Clarkson said, "I want to be married. I want to find someone. It looks romantic and all. The last date that I went on was horrible so I'd like to go on a good date. "

Clarkson is the most successful "American Idol" alum and is known for fast pop-rock songs that empower women and would likely appeal to those scorned by lovers, including "Miss Independent," Since U Been Gone" and "Behind Those Hazel Eyes."

Earlier this month, Clarkson performed on the ABC reality show "Dancing With The Stars" to promote "Stronger." (see photos).


Check out Clarkson's interview on "The View" below."







No comments:

Post a Comment