Saturday, December 25, 2010

Andrew Garfield feels lucky to wear spandex

The new "Spider-Man" movie reboot is in full swing and no one is more excited than its star, Andrew Garfield – especially now that he's finally slipped on the superhero's signature skintight suit.

"I feel like a kid in my pajamas," Garfield, who began shooting two weeks ago, says in an interview with the UK's The Guardian. "I can only say how it feels and it feels pretty special. It feels like a dream realized and a fantasy realized. I don't take it lightly and I feel incredibly lucky that I get to wear spandex for the next few months."

The 27-year-old British actor, who also appears in "The Social Network," has been working out to play Spidey but doesn't overdo it.

"I think Spider-Man needs strength, but Peter Parker is still a teenager, you know? That's a very tender balance to figure out. It's very specific what we're trying to achieve in terms of body type and the feeling of that," he explains.

"Rest assured, there's a lot of people who are helping me with it because I have no discipline in that respect," Garfield admits. "My father's a swimming coach and I kind of rebelled against that very, very early on so any form of physical discipline has to be really cracked with a really smart whip."

No comments:

Post a Comment