Friday, December 31, 2010

Paula Abdul: 'I have a brain'

Paula Abdul isn't stupid - she knows the public thinks she's loopy and not so smart. Now she's setting the record straight about her I.Q. in a new Q&A.

"I am intelligent," the former "American Idol" judge told "CBS Sunday Morning," clearing up a common misconception about her. Abdul added, "Having a brain - that's a concept, yes, with Paula Abdul! I have a brain."

Abdul, who is returning to TV on January 4 as executive producer and mentor for the CBS talent search show "Live to Dance," also explained that her ditzy, head-scratching behavior on "American Idol" wasn't due to alcohol or drugs but just being plain old goofy.

"I've never had a drinking problem," says the 48-year-old former L.A. Lakers cheerleader. "I've never physically been drunk in my life. I don't use recreational drugs. But, I am goofy."

And, she says of those under-the-influence rumors, "even the people on 'Idol' know that none of that existed, ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment