Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Willow Smith may remake 'Parents Just Don't Understand'

Like father, like daughter? Willow Smith might possibly be looking to follow in her superstar fathers’ musical footsteps.

Billboard reports that the pint-sized fashionista and siren behind the hit “Whip My Hair” sat down in an interview with Yahoo Music to discuss her single, working with Jay-Z and whether or not she will remake her father’s classic track, “Parents Just Don’t Understand.”

In response to the latter, Willow admitted that she’s open to tackling Daddy’s 1988 rap classic.

“There’s a possibility,” Willow told Yahoo Music. “There is a possibility that I will. It’s a really great song.”

While her confident and lively demeanor seems to be far beyond her years, 9 year-old Willow had no problem discussing her anxiety when working with her Roc Nation boss and superstar rapper, Jay-Z.

“He’s Jay-Z! He’s sold like over…I don’t even know how many albums he’s sold,” she said about their first meeting. “I was nervous because what if he said, ‘Willow why do you want to sing?’ And I’m like, ‘Because I want to sing.’ He’s going to be like, ‘Umm, OK.’ I was really nervous.”

Nerves aside, Willow said that the boss is very supportive of her work. “When I have an idea and I express it to him he doesn’t say, ‘Oh that’s bad, I don’t like that.’ He tries to make it better.”

Willow also shed light on the fact the fans can expect some Smith family collaborations in the future, but like info on her forthcoming singles, she has to keep a tight lip.

What do you think? Should Willow remake Will’s song?

No comments:

Post a Comment