Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tito Jackson making new music

Don't be surprised if you run into Tito Jackson at his local Starbucks.

"I have a Starbucks within a couple of blocks of my home that I spend some time in so yes you can find me there," Jackson told CNN, chuckling.

You need lots of caffeine when you are stirring up the creative juices and Jackson is doing just that with a new album and his "World Unity" tour scheduled for 2011.

The elder Jackson brother is set to release his debut solo album, "So Far, So Good," which will showcase his guitar skills and his eclectic musical style which he said was influenced growing up as a part of the Jackson 5 where he and his brothers listened to everything from "The Beatles to the blues to Three Dog Night."

Jackson said his solo project has been a long time coming.

"At the time the Jackson solo albums were being done, I was being a father," Jackson said "I was being dad, coaching little league and such. I didn't want to take that time away from my three sons."

His sons went on to form the musical group 3T.

Jackson will kick off his tour by headlining the 22nd Annual Peach Drop New Year’s Eve Celebration in Atlanta, Georgia. His mother, Katherine Jackson, is planning to join him and Jackson said he's very familiar with the city where he plans to play some classic Jackson tunes as well as new material to ring in 2011.

"I love Atlanta," he said. "My brother Jermaine lived there at one point. I've never played Atlanta without my brothers and it should be fun."

And even though he appeared with his surviving brothers earlier this year in a reality show, "The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty," the singer/musician said he continues to live the low-key lifestyle which has helped guard his privacy all these years despite being part of one of the world's most famous families.

"I'm more of a homebody," he said. "I try to do something productive every day be it music or something around the house. That keeps me basically grounded and private."

No comments:

Post a Comment