Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chris Brown's 'F.A.M.E.' lands at No. 1

The predictions proved to be right - Chris Brown has arrived at the top of the charts this week. The singer, who has made headlines with his outburst at “Good Morning America," has achieved his first No. 1 album with his latest effort, “F.A.M.E.” According to Billboard.com, the record sits atop the Billboard 200 chart with 270,000 sold. That entry marks his second-best sales week, only surpassed by his 2007 sophomore record “Exclusive,” which hit No. 4 on the Billboard 200 with 294,000 sold. His other albums, 2005’s self-titled debut “Chris Brown” and 2009’s “Graffiti,” landed at No. 2 and No. 7 on the chart, respectively. "I wanna thank all of my fans for making my album number 1 in the country!! I love you! We did it," Brown tweeted Tuesday. "I live for my music!! I survive for my fans!!!" Meanwhile, Jennifer Hudson settles into the No. 2 spot this week with her second album, "I Remember Me," selling 165,000, while Adele's "21" falls from No. 1 to No. 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment