Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kim Kardashian: Dame Taylor is my idol

You think you’re Elizabeth Taylor’s biggest fan? Maybe, but Kim Kardashian’s giving you a run for your money.

The reality star had the chance to interview the Hollywood legend before her passing for Harper’s Bazaar, and was beside herself with excitement.

“I am a huge Elizabeth Taylor nerd, as will now become clear,” she revealed in the interview, during which she asks the actress for advice on how to be more like her and how to be a queen – as well as sneaking in a request for Dame Taylor to follow her on Twitter.


“You have always been ahead of your time—and now you're on Twitter. What do you love about it?” Kardashian inquired.

“I like the connection with fans and people who have been supportive of me. And I love the idea of real feedback and a two-way street, which is very, very modern,” Taylor explained. “But sometimes I think we know too much about our idols and that spoils the dream. So, like all things, it is to be used with care!”

Of course, she agreed to follow Kardashian on the social networking site, and it turns out that her last tweets before her death were about Kardashian’s interview.

“@kimkardashian @harpersbazaarus Our interview in Bazaar came out! You look like a princess in Egyptian robes, love!” Taylor wrote on February 9, referring to the “Cleopatra"-inspired fashion Kardashian slipped into for Harper’s Bazaar. “My interview in Bazaar with Kim Kardashian came out!!!” Taylor tweeted again on February 9, along with a link.

So when Kardashian first heard of Taylor’s passing on Wednesday, her initial response was, perhaps fittingly, on Twitter.

"I am so saddened about the passing of Elizabeth Taylor! She will always be my idol!" Kardashian wrote.

The “Kourtney and Kim Take New York” star followed that sentiment up with a post on her blog.

“An era in time is over,” Kardashian said. “Elizabeth Taylor’s achievements in film were outstanding. …Her continual and undying philanthropic work for AIDS gave the world hope, promise and awareness.”

The 30-year-old went on to describe her “Cleopatra”-themed photo shoot for Haper’s Bazaar as “one of the greatest highlights” of her life.

“Not only did I get to wear Dame Elizabeth’s original clothing from the movie, but I got to interview her for this piece! I never felt so lucky and fortunate; it was truly the greatest honor and dream of mine to be the iconic ‘Elizabeth Taylor’ for one day! As I got to know her, I saw her beauty both inside and out, loved her humor and business mind and her spirit for life was truly amazing and contagious.”

Kardashian continued, “Unfortunately, this was Ms. Taylor’s last interview ever and her last tweet was about our piece in Bazaar together. I am so very grateful to have had this amazing and phenomenal experience personally with my life-time idol, Dame Elizabeth Taylor.”

No comments:

Post a Comment