Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Paris Hilton and Lil Wayne bond over jail time

It turns out rapper Lil Wayne and hotel heiress Paris Hilton have more in common than one might think. In fact, during the course of their Q&A in the April issue of Interview magazine, the duo bonded over having served jail time. "For me it was OK, because it just meant that I was alone with my thoughts," said Wayne, who served eight months at New York's Rikers Island for a gun possession charge, on spending time in solitary confinement. "There were times when it was pretty tough to be by yourself, and to have no television, no sort of nothing. That was kind of tough. But I didn't have to be in there long. It was just a month. I was OK. I did fine." Hilton, who served time at an all-women's facility in 2007 after violating probation on a DUI incident, tells the rapper, "I had to do 24 nights in solitary… I know how it is." Wayne goes on to say that "words cannot explain" the joy he felt after being released from prison, and Hilton agrees that she was equally elated. "I know how you feel," she laughs. "It's the best feeling in the world when you come out." The two wrap up their interview by agreeing to collaborate on a tune for Hilton's upcoming sophomore album. "Well, if you would be on the album, then I would be honored. That would be the sickest thing," Hilton tells the musician. "I have a recording studio that I built in my house — and a nightclub too." (Wayne's response to that piece of info? "You're so f--in' rich.") Hilton explains, "I built one, yeah, because I don’t really like to go out as much as I used to, so I just built a club at my house with the studio attached to it… It’s really elegant." Although, Hilton notes, "it has a stripper pole, so maybe it’s not that elegant."

No comments:

Post a Comment