Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rihanna: My Haircut Transformed My Style

Rihanna‘s hair isn’t the only thing that’s red-hot these days: the star is bigger than ever, from her Grammy wins to her ad campaigns to her new fragrance. And now, she’s opening up in April’s Vogue about becoming a style icon — and learning to love herself in the process. Fashion, she says, has “become more about taking a risk. When I am putting looks together, I dare myself to make something work.” Key in her style evolution was her major hair chop a few years ago, which she says transformed her look: “When I cut my hair, the whole sound changed, my style changed.” Another recent realization for the pop star? Coming to terms with her figure. “Over the holidays … I realized that I actually like my body, even if it’s not perfect according to the book. I just feel sexy,” she says. “For the first time, I don’t want to get rid of the curves. My body is comfortable, and it’s not unhealthy, so I’m going to rock with it.” Tell us: Are you a fan of Rihanna’s style?

No comments:

Post a Comment