Friday, December 3, 2010

Keri Hilson Raw

Keri Hilson’s new video “The Way You Love Me” leaked and shocked the hell out of almost everyone. Not so much of an OMG but more of a… “What the HELL is she doing? This is not even her style!” Keri Hilson felt the need to explain her actions and motives when it comes to this new “THING” she has going on and also compares herself to TLC: “Red Light Special” vs. “The Way That You Love Me”… Really???
“Perez, I don’t want to be held and caressed every night. Sometimes, I do want to be f*cked. You want it good sometimes. I’m talking about one man in the relationship, not being a slut or a whore or being paid to do things. It is racy but I can’t allow other people or the media to dictate what I can or can not do. TLC didn’t do that, Josephine Baker didn’t do that, Janet didn’t do that, Madonna didn’t do that. We can’t approach art from a fear perspective. You have to be fearless and stand for what you believe in. I’m a freak, it’s no surprise. I’ve been a freak in other songs. I’ve been a freak in other videos and we should make no apologies.”
If you’ve been in contact with my album..my album is called “No boys Allowed” but really means “No Bullsh*t Allowed.” In this album I was screaming in a room just like I was screaming on the song. I was screaming in a room with all my girlfriends and we were just yelling all the sh*t we really say. What would you say, what would you yell? One of the things you might yell is “I don’t wanna make love tonight, just F**k me Please!” “Come get it! I got the kind of pu**y that will keep you off the streets..Yes!..now come get!”
Did you set out to do that song with the purpose of un-wanting to be controversial?Absoutely not, everything that I wrote about is from that perspective… how we really think and feel about certain things and breaking point we really know that we deserve more. I write from a perspective of just knowing just not talking bullsh*t. [Like] “Pretty Girl Rock”, no matter what anybody says your beautiful.
Would you change anything differently about the video?Absolutely not. The dirty version was recorded…I didn’t expect to put the dirty version [on the album]. If you look closely I’m singing the cleaner version, which is actually on my album. “The Way You Love Me” I say “thug me” ..it has the same sentiment, I’m not cleaning that up. Being thugged & being F**ked are very much the same thing. I know kids might pick up the album and I didn’t want that to come out, however, I wouldn’t take it back.
Why was the dirty version of the video released if that’s not on the album?Actually, I had nothing to do with the dirty version being synced to the video because like I said, if you look closely I’m singing “thug” and I’m singing “loving” instead of “pu**y.” Like I said the sentiment is the same. I’m okay with it because I sang it and that’s the sentiment and this is meant for adults. If I were to do a video for kids, we would put back the clean version but like I said this song is not meant for children.
Everyone can do as they please when they want to express themselves the way they see fit but when an artist flips the script, going from just grinding on the floor to actually yelling “The Way You F**K Me!”… you can’t say that doesn’t deserve a WTH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment