Thursday, January 20, 2011

Is ex-'Idol' contestant Alex Lambert really homeless?

(PEOPLE.com) -- Is there another golden-voiced homeless man out there?

Alex Lambert, a shy Texan known for having one of the best singing voices on last season's "American Idol," writes in a series of Tweets that he's been "Sleepin' on the street" since wrapping the Web-based series "If I Can Dream in October."

"Alright so I didn't want to bring my person (sic) life to my fans but I'm about to freak out if I don't tell yall the truth!" he wrote in the wee hours of Tuesday morning before dropping the bombshell: "Ever since IICD ended I've been kinda homless! Sleepin on the street and behind buildings."

But his living situation appears to be a little better than that.

"He is on a retainer. He doesn't have his own place, but he is tentatively crashing on friends' couches," says a rep from 19 Entertainment, an "Idol" production company that manages many of the show's contestants. "He is slowly working on demos with 19 and hopefully that turns into more down the road."

Lambert later softened his stance a bit, Tweeting, "I have money! And soon I will have a place to stay! I just wanted to let yall know! I'm not some rich spoiled kid! That I've had to hustle," and then throwing out that "I don't mind sleepin on the street as long as I get my chance!"

Lest anyone question his story, he also wrote, "I know alot of people think I tweeted my living situation for publicity! But I don't give a damn about fame!"

No comments:

Post a Comment