Friday, February 18, 2011

Beyonce close to finishing a new album, report says

Beyonce is reportedly almost complete with her fourth studio album, according to MTV.

Australian singer/songwriter Sia, whose track "Breathe Me" was featured in the critically acclaimed "Six Feet Under" series finale, revealed in a recent interview that she has a chance to write a song for Beyonce's follow-up to the 2008 hit album "I Am ... Sasha Fierce."

Sia wrote two songs off of Christina Aguilera's recent "Bionic" album and said she put the word out that she wanted to collaborate with Beyonce.

"I just said to all the producers, writers, everyone, help me make this happen," Sia said. She adds that she heard back from music producer and Philadelphia DJ, Diplo, who has collaborated with artists like M.I.A. "Diplo e-mailed me and said, 'Where are you in the world right now? Would you be interested in flying to New York? I'm writing with Beyonce,' and I was like, 'Yesss!'"

However, scheduling conflicts prevented the singer from being able to fly to New York to make it happen, but she is still pitching songs to the singer. "There's only one song left for this album, so I probably won't get on this album, but hopefully the next one. That's my dream, that's my goal," she said.

The Brooklyn based music duo Sleigh Bells confirmed to NME that they have also collaborated with Beyonce on her new album. Songwriter and guitarist Derek Miller told the site, "I actually have no idea if the collaboration will ever be released."

"Beyonce works with whoever she wants to work with, probably 30 or 40 producers. It's a totally different world from what I'm used to," he added. "So for me it's just exciting to hear something that I worked on but I can't really say any more than that."

Other unconfirmed collaborators nclude Ne-Yo, who co-wrote Beyonce's hit "Irreplaceable" and The-Dream.

Beyonce's last release, "I Am Sasha Fierce" has sold six million copies wordwide and earned her five Grammys. The singer is also in negotiations to star in the remake of "A Star is Born" with Clint Eastwood as a director.

No comments:

Post a Comment