Saturday, February 19, 2011

Jennifer Beals Turns Down Dancing With The Stars

JENNIFER BEALS has turned down an opportunity to appear on DANCING WITH THE STARS.

JENNIFER BEALS, the American actress and star of the movie 'Flashdance', has turned down an offer to appear as a contestant on the next series of DANCING WITH THE STARS, according to People Magazine. Beals, who is currently starring in the Fox drama 'The Chicago Code', says she will not be following in the footsteps of recent winner JENNIFER GREY, saying, "I am not a dancer. They asked me and I said no. You could back up a truck to my door filled with cash and I wouldn't do it". The 47-year-old said she visited the DANCING WITH THE STARS' ballroom with her actress friend MARLEE MATLIN several years ago and was surprised by the intimidating atmosphere, saying, "The sound of the audience is so loud and the energy in there is so intense. I wanted to start crying just in feeling for her. I joked with Marlee and said, 'You don't know how lucky you are you can't hear this'", the actress added, "The noise level is so intense and people's excitement level is so intense. I could never. I'm not that kind of a performer".

Beals famously played 'Alexandra Owens' in the 1993 dance movie 'Flashdance', alongside MICHAEL NOURI. The film, produced by JERRY BRUCKHEIMER, grossed over $100 million at the box-office despite opening to negative reviews from critics.

No comments:

Post a Comment