Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sarah Jessica Parker wants more 'Sex and the City'

Sarah Jessica Parker wouldn't mind having more "Sex" in her future: The actress says she's definitely up for a third "Sex and the City" movie.

"I would go back. I think there's one more story to tell. I know there is," Parker tells the L.A. Times. "I'd definitely tell that [third] story, and I know Michael [Patrick King, the show's writer/producer] would do it right. But maybe not now. Maybe in five years, you know?"

Why the wait? Parker, who is currently filming the comedy "I Don't Know How She Does It," says she wants to challenge herself with other characters and projects first.


"If I'm not scared again that's not good for me," she says of taking on new roles. "That's literally no good for me. If I'm not terrified and nauseous and worried the first two weeks of production, then what's going to happen? You could wither on the vine. It's like if you can't use your leg. It just atrophies."

There have been rumors that a "Sex and the City" prequel is in the works starring "Gossip Girl" actress Blake Lively as a 20-something Carrie just arriving in New York, but Parker couldn't help but wonder if that's a bad idea.

"I was like, 'Wha-a-a-a-t?'" says Parker. "I don't think we can pretend to go back. It's creating two histories. It's like, 'Oh I didn't know that about Carrie Bradshaw.'"

Do you want to see a third "Sex and the City" movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment