Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow: I'm not an icy blonde

She may play her share of serious roles on the big screen, but "Glee's" fun-loving substitute teacher Holly Holiday is much more true to her real self, Gwyneth Paltrow says. "I've got this ice-blonde reputation and that's just not me," the Oscar winner tells Ladies' Home Journal of the public's perception that she's uptight. "I do silly things in public all the time, like hosting 'Saturday Night Live,' or I'll go out with friends and have a good time. I try to live my life to the fullest even if it means making a fool of myself." She also eats to the fullest. Paltrow, whose cookbook "My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness," arrives in stores April 13, says it's not just life she has a huge appetite for. "There's the me that will have a salad, a bowl of pasta and a glass of wine, and then there's the other me that will have four glasses of wine, fried zucchini, pasta, chicken parmigiana and dessert," she tells the magazine. "I try not to do that other version too much. I was at a party having dinner next to Mario Batali and he was like, 'You're the only person I know who eats more than me.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment