Monday, April 11, 2011

'Idol's' Pia Toscano: No record deal – yet

Despite reports that "American Idol" cast-off Pia Toscano has been snapped up by Interscope Records, the former contestant tells "Showbiz Tonight's" A.J. Hammer there's no done deal yet. Still rebounding from her surprise exit from "Idol," Toscano said she appreciates the support she has received from those who were stunned by her elimination. “I mean, it’s overwhelming," she said. "When I was on that stage on Thursday night, I’m thinking to myself, ‘It’s over, it’s coming to an end, I mean, it’s so soon, I’m not going to be able to perform next week, I’m going to miss my friends,’ I had no idea that I was going to get this support. No idea.” Toscano said it was rough going, trying to maintain her composure after host Ryan Seacrest announced that she was out of the competition. “You know, it was all raw emotion," she said. "I was just so... kind of devastated at the whole thing so I was just trying to be, just trying to get through it, which I really couldn’t. I mean, after they showed the clip of my grandfathers and my goodbye clip, I just broke down.” According to The Hollywood Reporter, not everyone was shocked by Toscano being cut. “I know the [voting] results, so I know she was never a frontrunner,” "Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe told Yahoo! Music‘s Reality Rocks. “The fact of the matter is that it appears that Pia didn’t connect with the audience as much as we maybe think she did. And she wasn’t voted through.” Catch Toscano's interview on "Showbiz Tonight" today at 5 p.m. ET on HLN.

No comments:

Post a Comment