Saturday, April 16, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow showcases bikini body

Gwyneth Paltrow dons a bikini top on the cover of Self magazine and talks about her "changing" butt. The 38-year-old Oscar-winning actress and recent cookbook author is known for her slim figure. She has touted her love for organic food and followed a strict macrobiotic diet before she became a mother. "I never thought that I'd be considered to have a good body," Paltrow, mother of daughter Apple, 6, and son Moses, 5, told Self in an interview for its May 2011 issue. "I was bony up top and kind of dumpy on the bottom. But my trainer, Tracy Anderson, completely changed my legs, butt, arms and stomach. I feel better than ever, too." When asked about her "challenge areas," Paltrow said: "My butt! My butt, butt, butt. When Tracy met me, she said that I had a long, square butt that she was going to redesign, and I was, like, 'Yeah? Good luck.' The amazing thing is, she was right! And it's still changing!" Paltrow showcased some of her favorite dishes she likes to make during a satellite with OnTheRedCarpet.com and other news outlets, which includes a layered macaroni and cheese dish with a tomato sauce base, pancakes, tuna ginger burgers with soy mayonnaise and chicken and dumplings. Paltrow said she increases her workouts and eats less if she wants to lose weight. "I like to eat and I don't like to diet. I just love food. Unfortunately it means I have to work out like a maniac. I don't have a good metabolism." "I do 45 minutes of cardio five days a week, because I like to eat," she added. "I also try for 45 minutes of muscular structure work, which is toning, realigning and lengthening. If I'm prepping for something or I've been eating a lot of pie, I do two hours a day, six days a week for two weeks." "When I want to lose, I eat less pasta, bread and potatoes," she added. "Before last year's "Iron Man 2" premiere (see photos), I did green juices and salads for three days." Paltrow's new cookbook, "My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family and Togetherness," was inspired by her late dad. She recently showcased some of her cooking skills on "Good Morning America." The book contains some 150 recipes for things like blueberry muffins, cheese-stuffed burgers and maple-Dijon roasted winter vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment