Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kate Hudson happy she had a child 'so young'

Kate Hudson, who is expecting her second child, says she is happy she was "so young" when she became a mother for the first time.

The actress was 24 when she gave birth to Ryder, her son with then-husband Chris Robinson of the rock band the Black Crowes. Their child is currently 7 years old.

"As I started getting older, as he started getting older and I was 28, 29, I was like, 'Wow. I'm a young mom,'" Hudson told People magazine. "It started hitting me. Now I have a little boy who is just his own person. The baby is really starting to go away and now I'm like, 'I really was a young mom.' I'm so happy that I had a child so young. He is my buddy."

Hudson, who turned 32 on Tuesday, April 19, and Robinson divorced in 2007 after almost seven years of marriage. The actress is currently expecting a baby with boyfriend Matthew Bellamy, frontman of the British alternative rock band Muse. The two have been linked together since last year.

Actress Goldie Hawn, was in her early 30s when she gave birth to Hudson and the actress' older brother Oliver.

Hudson is known for her role as "Band Aid" groupie Penny Lane in the 2000 film "Almost Famous." She has also starred in films such as "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" and "You Me and Dupree" with Owen Wilson, whose girlfriend Jade Duell welcomed their first child, a baby boy named Robert Ford Wilson, in January.

Hudson is currently promoting her latest movie, the romantic comedy "Something Borrowed." The film also stars Ginnifer Goodwin from "Big Love" and John Krasinski from "The Office" and hits theaters on May 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment