Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kate Gosselin on love life: 'It's going to take a strong person to wrangle this mess'

Kate Gosselin, a reality star and divorced mother of eight, opened up about her love life on NBC's "Today" show on Monday, April 4. "I like to have fun," she said, when asked why dating is tough. "I don't have a lot of time for myself. I do have eight kids. I feel like I have my life together, pretty much, but let's be honest, it's going to take a strong person to wrangle this mess." She added that a person interested in her would "probably" be intimidated or overwhelmed by her family situation, saying: "If he can pass the test, he's got to be Superman." Gosselin celebrated her 36th birthday last week. She and her children, 10-year-old twins Cara and Mady and 5-year-old sextuplets Alexis, Hannah, Leah, Aaden, Collin and Joel, rose to fame with the TLC reality show "Jon & Kate Plus 8", which featured her then-husband Jon. The show was canceled in 2009 following the couple's divorce and spurred a spinoff, "Kate Plus 8". Gosselin and her children are set to appear on the special "Kate Plus 8: Australia Adventure" on Monday at 10 p.m. ET on TLC. Gosselin's divorce was highly-publicized. In December, Gosselin made headlines again when she pulled her children Collin and Alexis out of school for behavioral problems. "They're actually starting to integrate back in within the very imminent future," Gosselin said on the "Today" show. "There was actualy medical issues that we dealt with." "They're doing wonderfully at home, they're reading at the top level of kindergarten as well as writing and they're doing amazingly well, so I know looking back now, I made the right decision, I did the right thing and they're blossoming," she added. She said that her ex-husband hosts the children two weekends a month. "I wish that he would see them more, to be honest," she said. "So do they." Gosselin's ex-husband has not commented on her remarks

No comments:

Post a Comment