Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Beyonce talks about future children and 'Jersey Shore'

Beyonce has been entertaining audiences for over a decade and now the singer says that all her hard work throughout her teenage years and early 20s will pay off for her future as a wife, and possibly, as a mother.

"I sacrificed so much as a kid and as a teenager," Beyonce told InStyle. She appears on the cover of September issue, which is set to hit newsstands on August 19.

"I have no regrets because my job kept me focused. When you're young -- 18 or 19 -- you have the energy and drive. That's the time to work as hard as you can," she added. "Now I'm a woman, and because I gave it my all, I can focus on my marriage. I can decide I want to have kids. I can be the mother I want to be and dedicate myself to my children."

Beyonce married rapper Jay-Z on April 4, 2008. The nuptials were so secret that no photos or video from the event were released. The couple got married with a close circle of 40 friends and family members after dating for six years.

The singer's fourth album, titled "4," was released on June 28. Beyonce had some downtime between "4" and her previous album "I Am ... Sasha Fierce," which came out in 2008 and earned the singer six Grammy Awards, the most Grammys ever won by a female artist in one night.

Beyonce has sold more than 75 million records and earned 16 Grammy Awards in her career - including 13 as a solo artist and three as a member of Destiny's Child.

In May, she was honored with the Millennium Award at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards and in June 2010, Knowles was ranked second on Forbes list of the 100 Most Powerful and Influential celebrities in the world and first on its list of the Most Powerful and Influential musicians.

She told the magazine that when she is not on stage, she is mostly a homebody.

"In my free time I prefer to do nothing but sit on the couch and watch TV," she said. "I have to confess that my guilty pleasure is' Jersey Shore.'"

Up next the singer set to appear a remake of the film "A Star Is Born," which is directed by Eastwood and tells of a troubled actor who tries to help a young singer and actress find fame." The film is set for release in 2013.

"Clint Eastwood, can you believe that?" Beyonce said on "Good Morning America" on July 1. "I can't believe it still. I know when I met with him I was just in awe. I'm so, so honored that he believes in me. I can't wait to do this film. I'm the woman, represented ... I represent this generation's talent and for me to be the chosen person, as an African-American woman, is incredible."

No comments:

Post a Comment