Monday, August 22, 2011

Jennifer Hudson sings on 'Night of Your Life' track by David Guetta

Hudson's latest album "I Remember Me" hit stores back in March and now the singer and Academy Award-winning actress is giving fans a new taste of music.

The former "American Idol" contestant teamed up with famed French DJ David Guetta, responsible for hits like "Gettin' Over You" with Fergie and LMFAO and "Memories" with Kid Cudi, for the track "Night of Your Life."

The song strays slightly from Hudson's R&B style and features a house beat where she belts lyrics like "Love me/Baby treat me right/Make it eternity/And not only one night. If you love me/ Til the end of time / Then I will promise you the night of your life." The song can be heard below.

"I Remember Me" was the follow-up to the 29-year-old's 2008 album, "Jennifer Hudson," which won a Grammy Award and has sold more than 800,000 copies. The record features songs written and produced by Alicia Keys, her husband Swizz Beatz, Rich Harrison, Ne-Yo and Stargate.

The singer has made headlines lately for her dramatic weight loss. Since becoming an ambassador for Weight Watchers a year and a half ago, Hudson has reportedly slimmed down to a size zero, "The View" co-host Joy Behar said recently.

"I was in a store shopping, looking for a dress and I suddenly say 'Oh there's somebody I know' and it was Jennifer Hudson and she was shopping and she said 'I know you,'" Behar said on the morning talk show. "Then I heard the sales girl say to her 'You're a size 0' and I said to Jennifer 'How does that feel?' and she said 'I feel like they're talking to someone else.'"

The former "American Idol" finalist and Oscar-winning actress is a spokeswoman for "Weight Watchers" and in January, she told Oprah Winfrey that she has lost 80 pounds, going from a size 16 to a size 6 through diet and exercise.

Hudson, who won an Oscar for her role in the 2006 film "Dreamgirls," plans to discuss her weight loss secrets in an upcoming memoir.

The singer got engaged to WWE wrestler and Harvard Law School graduate David Otunga in 2008, the couple has yet to announce a wedding date and welcomed their son David Daniel Otunga Jr. on August 10, 2009.

Listen to David Guetta and Jennifer Hudson's new single "Night of Your Life" below.




No comments:

Post a Comment