Thursday, August 25, 2011

LeAnn Rimes' dinner interrupted by critical stranger, lashes out at unsupportive fans

LeAnn Rimes' whittled frame has come under scrutiny again, this time from a stranger in a restaurant, who interrupted the singer's dinner to tell her to eat more.

"How dare someone come to me at a table with the boys and tell me I need to eat something. What is wrong with people?" Rimes tweeted recently. "As I'm stuffing my face... have another drink and maybe take a class in manners! Cheers!"

The 28-year-old singer was dining with her husband Eddie Cibrian, his parents and the actor's sons in Chicago when the diner approached their table.

Rimes vented to her Twitter followers, but some of them agreed with the stranger and writing that "lots of folks think you're getting too thin" and saying that she's beginning to "look 12 years old," to which Rimes fired back, "Once again, I'm done talking to rude people who have no right to have an opinion on my body. Out of line!"

Rimes later added, "If it happened to someone who wasn't a 'celebrity' it would be rude, but to a public figure it's socially [acceptable]?"

The growing concern for the singer's health snowballed until Rimes' wrote, "You do not have the right to vomit out an opinion of anyone you do not know in front of family at a restaurant. And that's not an 'opinion' -- that's judgment of someone else."

Rimes caught flack for her weight back in May after posting photos of herself in a bikini on her Twitter page and defended her workout and figure in June after more users commented about her size.

"I just eat a balanced diet and watch how much 'crap' I put in my body," Rimes said on her Twitter page on Friday, June 17 in response to a fan. "I did have mac and cheese this morning and enjoyed every bite! Gotta have those days."

Rimes also detailed her exercise plan.

"I work out ... 3 days a week if I'm lucky," she Tweeted. "I'm constantly on the move and my workouts are intense."

Rimes addressed criticism and concern people had expressed regarding her body on her blog on Thursday, saying: "What no woman or man needs is anyone telling them they are 'too fat' or 'too skinny.' That just adds to the many stereotypes out there about a person's weight."

"I don't deny that there are people around the world with real problems such as bulimia, anorexia, or binge eating," she said. "But I'm talking about our obsession as a society with body image and how it's started to control and tear our lives apart. I hope that any girl, boy, woman, or man reading this will think before they speak, and that anyone in need of help finds a safe place to get it."

In May, one of Rimes' followers commented on the photos, saying: "Whoa, you're scary skinny! Sorry don't mean to offend but that's a lot of bones showing through skin."

The country singer replied: "Those are called abs, not bones, love," adding later, "This is my body, and I can promise you I'm a healthy girl. I'm just lean. Thanks for your concern, but no need to be."

Rimes got into a similar argument in March after debuting a significantly slimmed-down figure.

At the time, Rimes wrote on her Twitter page: "I am completely healthy! If people only saw how much I ate."

The singer wrote back to another fan in March when asked if she saw a tabloid article about her weight saying: "I don't care about the dumb articles. I know how healthy I am. Maybe those people should start taking care of themselves...inside and out."

Rimes later told another fan: "I take care of myself, eat what I want without putting crap into my body and am at a healthy weight."

Back in September, Rimes graced the cover of Shape magazine and talked about her workout habits, saying: "Going to the gym and punching out some of my aggression on a pair of mitts has been a lifesaver. Sometimes I felt so depressed I didn't want to get out of bed, so just getting to the gym - even for a few minutes - was a big accomplishment. "

On April 22, Rimes married actor Eddie Cibrian in a private ceremony. Rimes and Cibrian went public with their romance back in 2009 after falling in love on the set of the Lifetime movie, "Northern Lights." At the time, Cibrian was still married to Brandi Glanville while Rimes was married to Dean Sheremet. Rimes and Sheremet divorced in June 2010 while Cibrian and Glanville finalized their divorce in October 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment