Friday, August 26, 2011

Britney Spears: I would probably be a teacher if I weren't famous

Britney Spears still brings in the fans, but the singer says that if she hadn't gone the pop star route, she would have wanted to be a teacher.

"[Life without fame] would probably pretty much be the same because I'm very strong in the way I raise my kids and stuff... but career-wise I'd probably be a teacher" Spears told the entertainment site PopJustice.com. "I love kids, and even in what I do now one of my favorite parts of my day is getting to meet my fans before the show. Especially the little ones. They are always so cute."

The 29-year-old mother of two continued, "I'd specialize in reading and history," telling the website that her favorite historical period is the 1920s. Spears' mother Lynn was a teacher.

At an early age, Spears' mother moved her from Louisiana to New York in order to attend the Professional Performing Arts School. Britney left school in 1992 when she was cast in "The Mickey Mouse Club."

When the show was canceled in 1995, Spears returned to Louisiana and attended high school at the nearby Parklane Academy in McComb, Mississippi.

"I was so bored," Spears told Rolling Stone magazine in her 2000 cover story. "I was the point guard on the basketball team. I had my boy-friend, and I went to homecoming and Christmas formal. But I wanted more. I mean, it was fun while it lasted, but then I got the record deal, and I left."

Spears left school in ninth grade and completed her high school correspondence classes through the eleventh grade, according to Rolling Stone.

The pop singer is currently juggling a world tour with motherhood, but she said that her sons Sean Preston, 5, and Jayden, 4, are her top priority and if they decide to go into the entertainment business, Momma Spears plans to protect them.

"I'd definitely keep an eye on them, but if that's what they wanted to do then I'd let them go after it... I'd just be very protective," Spears said. "I wouldn't want them to go into it feeling fearful, and also nobody can really prepare you for this industry and what you experience, so I'd just have to trust that they have the instincts to know what's right and wrong and help guide them along the way. I think I have the experience."

The entertainment sire also asked Spears what the end of the world would sound like, which allowed Spears to demonstrate that her humor is intact, answering, "It would go snap, crackle and pop."

Earlier in the month, it was announced that Joe Jonas would join Britney Spears on the upcoming European leg of her "Femme Fatale" tour, taking over from Nicki Minaj. Check out her tour dates here

No comments:

Post a Comment