Saturday, August 20, 2011

Paula Deen responds to diss, wonders if someone peed in Anthony Bourdain's cereal

Paula Deen fired back at Anthony Bourdain after he said in a recent interview that the Food Network star is "the worst, most dangerous person in America."

"The worst, most dangerous person to America is clearly Paula Deen," Bourdain, 55, told TV Guide. "She revels in unholy connections with evil corporations and she's proud of the fact that her food is (expletive) bad for you. If I were on at seven at night and loved by millions of people at every age, I would think twice before telling an already obese nation that it's OK to eat food that is killing us. Plus, her food sucks."

Deen, who is famous for her butter-heavy Southern cooking, responded on "Fox and Friends," saying she was shocked, considering she's never met Bourdain and wondered why he used "such harsh words."

"I don't know if it was a publicity thing of if someone had just peed in his bowl of cereal that morning and he was mad," Deen, 64, said. "Anthony, dear, I'm so sorry you feel that way."

The star of "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations" also sounded off on several other celebrity chefs including Guy Fieri ("I look at Guy Fieri and I just think, 'Jesus, I'm glad that's not me.'"), Rachael Ray ("Does she even cook anymore? I don't know why she bothers.") and Sandra Lee ("I hate her works on this planet.").

Deen also spoke of her charitable work and that of the other celebrity chefs who were subjected to Bourdain's wrath. Meanwhile, Bourdain said he is incapable of keeping his mouth shut.

"I don't have a reputation to protect," Bourdain told TV Guide. "I came from nowhere. Whatever success I've had is from being frank and not giving a (expletive). I'm incapable of doing otherwise. It's not an integrity thing  I'm just constitutionally and emotionally and neurologically incapable of keeping my mouth shut."

Bourdain later addressed the incident on his Twitter account, writing, "Resolved: Next time I'm asked (for the millionth time) who the worst cooks on Food Network are, I'll just shut up. Who cares?"

No comments:

Post a Comment