Friday, July 29, 2011

50 Cent threatens to withhold new album and leak Dr. Dre single

50 Cent is no stranger to controversy and now the hip hop star has lashed out against Interscope record label, threatening to withhold his new album and leak Dr. Dre's next single.

"Man I'm not releasing an album," 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, wrote on Twitter on July 26. "I can't believe Interscope is this (expletive) up right now. I apologize to all my fans."

Jackson was reportedly angry at the label for not giving him the same attention as his label partner Dr. Dre and for leaking one of his songs, possibly "I'm On It," which made it on to the Internet early on Wednesday morning. In retaliation, he threatened to leak Dre's next single, "Psycho" from his album "Detox."

"I LOVE DRE but I'm putting his next single psycho out tomorrow at 2:00," Jackson threatened, adding later, "Your gonna love it it's a big song I just don't think it deserves a great set up sense they can't seem to get it right when it comes to me."

50 Cent had been working on an album entitled "Black Magic," but scrapped the project to work on a new untitled LP, that he told MTV earlier in the week that he would like to release later in the year.

Jackson voiced his displeasure with the record label earlier in the year, saying they were "moving in slow motion" and threatening to leave the label.

Jackson eventually decided not to leak the single writing, "I wouldn't leak dre's record he has done nothing but help me in my career. jimmy has always been supportive of me."

Earlier in the year, Jackson took heat for performing at the 2005 Venice Film Festival, an event which was organized by family members of Gadhafi and subsequently donated the substantial income to UNICEF.

Jackson made his name as a rapper before venturing into acting. His film credits include "Righteous Kill," "Twelve," "13," and "Caught in the Crossfire." Jackson will star as a police officer in the upcoming crime drama, "Freelancers" and has a 20-film deal with Lionsgate for his production company, Cheetah Vision Films.

Jackson was raised in Queens, NY by his grandparents after his father ran out and his mother was shot when he was 8-years-old. His first single as 50 Cent was "Thug Love" with Destiny's Child and he was shot twice in the head, three days before filming the music video for the song.

50 Cent was romantically linked to comedian Chelsea Handler, who recently confirmed that the two had dated "very casually."

No comments:

Post a Comment