Friday, July 8, 2011

Jill Scott drops celibacy, picks up five date rule

After going through a break-up, singer and actress Jill Scott opted for celibacy so she could focus on finding the right guy.

But the "Golden" singer, whose latest album “The Light of the Sun” hit No. 1 on Billboard after its release in June, reveals in an interview with Us Weekly that she's thrown “the whole celibacy thing...out the window" - but not in the way you might think.

“Now the minimum is until the fifth date,” she explains. “I don't have physical intimacy until at least the fifth date. So I can get to know who I'm dealing with and they can get to know me. And with my schedule, five dates can take three or four months! It just gives me a chance to get to know the person.”


Scott says she’ll have have a date, chat on the phone or Skype with a potential love match to test the waters and to find out “if they’re crazy or not.”

In the end, it’s all an effort to make solid decisions without sex interrupting her focus, she says.

“I just don't want to waste my time. I'm just trying to look at the mistakes that I made. I got so caught up in the flesh and I’m not even allowing someone to get to know the best parts of me,” Scott explains. “I'm a single girl in the world, but if I don't have some standards then I can be making the same mistakes that I made in the past. I do want love. Genuine love. And sometimes sex can get in the way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment