Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bow Wow opens up about becoming a father

Rapper and actor Bow Wow recently opened up to his fans through a letter on his personal website where he admits he had "no purpose to live" and talks about becoming a father.

The young star, whose real name is Shad Moss, first hit the music scene as Lil Bow Wow at age 13 when his album debut album "Beware of Dog" was released in 2000. Since then he's branched out into acting, appearing in films like "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" and "Lottery Ticket."

"I felt like as a kid I did everything and saw everything too fast which spoiled my adult years. I felt as if i had no purpose to live (Thinking selfishly) until god gave me the illest gift of my life," Bow Wow wrote on his website, referring to his daughter. "My lil girl is getting BIG fast. I love every minute of it. She inspires me to go harder. Even made me treat my mother better, it's like it made me into a man over night."

He adds that he doesn't want to post pictures of the child because "I want my boo boo to have everything I didn't. Want her to be able to cheerlead with her lil friends without some [expletive] sticking his camera all in my lil girl face."

The rapper, now 24-years-old, reveals that his daughter's name is Shai. He also writes that he does not live with his daughter or the mother of the child. "I want her to live with me so bad. Jus us 2," he writes. "I have to fly 5 hrs away to see her."

Bow Wow did say in a Tweet that he is making sure his daughter is wearing some designer gear. "Stuntin like her daddy #guccibaby," the rapper wrote on his Twitter page with a picture of baby clothes.

Beyond his work on another album, the rapper is working on a documentary about his life titled "Who is Shad Moss."

No comments:

Post a Comment