Wednesday, July 20, 2011

R. Kelly hospitalized after emergency throat surgery

R&B singer R. Kelly recently had emergency throat surgery and is recovering at a Chicago hospital.

The 44-year-old had an abcess in one of his tonsils drained on Tuesday, the Associated Press quoted his spokesperson as saying.

R. Kelly, whose real name is Robert Kelly, had recently complained about throat pain.

"I refuse to take another cup of theraflu!" he Tweeted on July 13. "I feel like my throat is coming back. I've been in bed sweating like crazy. Thanks guys!"

R. Kelly is known for commercial hits such as "I Believe I Can Fly," which was released in 1996. His 10th studio album, "Love Letter," hit stores in December of 2010. The singer recently debuted his new music video, "Radio Message." Check it out below.




No comments:

Post a Comment