Monday, July 25, 2011

Katy Perry debuts new blonde look - What do you think?

Katy Perry debuted a new look when she showed up to celebrate her nine nominations for the MTV Video Music Awards on Thursday: blonde hair.

Perry, who revealed in a Tweet in 2009 that she is a natural blonde, actually talked about her plan to make a big change in color in early June. However, because she had been a brunette for too long, the dye job didn't take the way she needed it to.

"So I didn't get to the exact color I wanted from being black for so long," she Tweeted in June. "2get to goal I have 2b GINGER for 3WKS."

She added in another Tweet, "If I don't wait 3wks, I'll end up w/no hair or a #pixie90scutw/abarretteinthefront It's okay, I'll get to my secret color(s) soon! #patience."

In the photo above, Perry is seen on the left in the "Firework" video in 2010 as a brunette and on the right on July 21, in an MTV interview as a blonde.

On Thursday, the "California Gurls" singer nabbed nine nominations in categories like Video of the Year and Best Female Video for "Firework," Best Collaboration for her work with Kanye West on "E.T." and Best Pop Video for "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)."

Fans can vote online in general Video Music Award categories like Video of the Year, but are exempt from voting in the professional categories like Best Art Direction.

The 2011 MTV Video Music Awards are set to air live on August 28 on MTV at 9 p.m. ET. Check out the full list of nominees below.

No comments:

Post a Comment