Thursday, July 7, 2011

Jennifer Aniston still talking about that 'Break-Up'

Jennifer Aniston’s performance in the movie “The Break-Up” was a heartfelt one: The actress says on “Inside the Actors Studio” that she drew from her real-life split from Brad Pitt for the role.

The 2006 movie, co-starring Vince Vaughn, “was a beautiful human story about a couple breaking up,” Aniston tells the Bravo show’s host, James Lipton. “And I was slightly familiar on the topic and the issue, and I honestly felt like, what a great way to exorcise some of that.”

If anything, she adds, her personal break-up made her job easier.


“I enjoyed it,” she says. “You would think otherwise, because producers were like, ‘I don’t know if we should ask you to do this,’ and I was like, why not? Turn the page. Let's move on.”

But as successful as “The Break-Up” was, it sounds like it might pale in comparison to Aniston’s longstanding role on “Friends."

Thinking back to the final episode, she says that the cast “just wept, cried our eyes out.” The show, she adds, “is one of the greatest jobs I ever had. It gave me everything. It gave me this ridiculously blessed life and career, and it’s taught me so much. It was the best time I ever had.”

No comments:

Post a Comment